Posted by Anna Sugden Dec 22 2015, 1:41 am in A Perfect Party, A Perfect Storm, Anna Sugden, Christmas videos, cookies, hockey, Holidays, New Jersey Ice Cats, NHL, quick five, shortbread cookies
9 delicious hockey hunks!
I could just stop there, couldn’t I? 9 delicious hockey hunks … yum! We could all enjoy them. Who needs anything more?
See you all after Christmas 😉
Okay, as I’m getting dirty looks from Sven, who wants a proper Christmas post in the Lair, I suppose I’d better do this properly. Jeez – just because Zach and the other hockey hunks pilfered one or two (or several) of Sven’s stash of festive bubbly after their latest win …
It’s great to be released from my writing cave, so I can spend time with you all. Missed you! In honour of the occasion I thought I’d give you some festive cheer in the form of some hockey teams showing us how to celebrate Christmas, followed by a special Christmas Quick Five.
First up, the Belfast Giants and All I Want for Christmas is You …
Next up, the Sheffield Steelers took a different approach to a favourite English Christmas tune, Merry Christmas, Everyone …
Moving over to the NHL, the defending Stanley Cup champs have released a holiday album you won’t want to miss!
Heading north of the border, we have the Ottawa Senators’ rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas …
Ottawa Senators 12 Days of Christmas
Unfortunately, the Calgary Flames didn’t fare so well …
Calgary Flames Ugly Christmas Sweaters
And finally, that Christmas classic, The Night Before Christmas, from the Dallas Stars …
Dallas Stars The Night Before Christmas
As you might imagine, not all goes smoothly filming these videos …
St Louis Blues Outtakes
(I’m sorry the last four were only available on the NHL console.)
All of which goes to show that just because these guys are hot on ice, they can’t be good at everything! 😉
And now, over to you for a Festive Quick Five. In honour of the season, I’m giving away a New Jersey Ice Cats Christmas Ornament and a complete set of my limited edition, Ice Cats’ short stories to one lucky commenter. Don’t forget, you still have a few days to download A Perfect Storm, my FREE December Ice Cats’ short story, on my website in the For Readers section here.
- Christmas sweaters – yes or no?
- Are you a fancy wrapper, with bows, ribbons and all the bells and whistles or a toss it in a gift-bagger?
- Worst Christmas present?
- Favourite Christmas ornament?
- What would you like Santa to bring you?
Oh, I nearly forgot … a Christmas cookie recipe. This is for Lizzie’s Sweet Treats Shortbread Cookies. Lizzie appears in the NJ Ice Cats short story, A Perfect Party (which is still available for download on my website, in the For Readers section here).
Ingredients: (approx 12 cookies)
150g self-raising flour
150g salted butter
50g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
Cadbury’s Chocolate Buttons or any chocolate pieces (optional)
Cling-film or plastic wrap.
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Add flour, sugar and butter (plus vanilla) to food processor or mixer and pulse until mixture is like wet sand.
- Lay out a large piece of cling-film on the counter and pour the mixture onto it.
- Using the cling-film to help keep the mixture together, press and roll, until you have a long, solid roll of dough, wrapped in plastic.
- Store in refrigerator for an hour.
- Slice dough into ¼” or ½” rounds and put onto a well-greased or sheet-lined baking tray.
- Cook for approx 15 mins. Note: timing depends on how thickly you cut the rounds.
- When cooked, use a spatula to slide onto a wire rack. Note: the cookies will be very soft when warm, so if they’re too fragile, it’s okay to let them cool on the tray for a few minutes to let them harden a little.
- (Optional) While cookies are cooling, add chocolate button to the centre of each cookie.
Note: If you don’t use metric measures, keep the flour, butter and sugar in the ratio of 3:3:1 (eg 6oz, 6oz, 2oz)
However you celebrate the festive season, I hope it is a happy, healthy and fun one for you and yours and that 2016 is a great year.