Sexiest Man Alive
Posted by Trish Milburn Nov 15 2012, 12:01 am
I saw yesterday that People magazine announced its latest Sexiest Man Alive. Fresh off the success of Magic Mike this summer, this year’s winner is Channing Tatum. I have to admit that Channing isn’t difficult to look at, but there are a lot of other famous faces out there that could easily hold that title.
Me with Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles.
People has been naming a Sexiest Man Alive since 1985, when the first choice was Mel Gibson. Some other interesting facts about the honor:
* The first person to win twice was Richard Gere. Other two-time winners are Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and George Clooney.
* The first African-American (and only so far) winner was Denzel Washington.
* Two men who have played James Bond have held the title — Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Maybe Daniel Craig will make it one day. Connery was also the oldest person to win the title.
* The only non-actor to win was John F. Kennedy Jr.
* Two winners have since passed away — John F. Kennedy Jr. and Patrick Swayze.
I thought I might share my list of likely winners if People magazine suddenly decided to let me choose the winner. Hey, a girl can dream. These are in no particular order.
1. Oded Fehr
2. Jeremy Renner
3. Joe Manganiello
4. Sam Worthington
5. Chris Evans
6. Chris Hemsworth
And, hey, let’s have some more fun. Here are my faves for hottest geek guys (brains and cute, for the win!):
1. Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Captain Malcolm Reynolds)
2. Matt Smith (Doctor Who, the 11th Doctor)
3. David Tennant (Doctor Who, the 10th Doctor)
4. Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who, Rory Williams)
5. Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider Man, Spiderman)
6. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes)
7. Martin Freeman (Sherlock, Dr. John Watson)
8. Jensen Ackles (Supernatural, Dean Winchester)
9. Jared Padalecki (Supernatural, Sam Winchester)
10. Misha Collins (Supernatural, Castiel)
11. Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs, Auggie Anderson)
So now it’s your turn. If People magazine came to your house and asked you who the Sexiest Man Alive was, who would you choose? And for the purposes of this exercise, let’s all agree that it has to be someone at least somewhat famous (not our husbands or boyfriends, unless of course your husband or boyfriend is famous).
And if you’re a fan of those brainy, geeky guys who have their own brand of hotness, who would be your choice for Sexiest Geek Guy?