Saturday Quick Five – Book Fun!
Posted by Anna Sugden Aug 16 2014, 1:35 am
Happy Saturday! There is much happiness in the Sugden household today as the English football (soccer) season kicks off for our Premier league. Doc Cambridge and I will be at Old Trafford to welcome our new manager and cheer on Manchester United, so I’ll answer comments when I get back. In the meantime, here’s a pic of the two of us at the last game of last season.
Several of our BBs reminded me that I hadn’t done any Book Fun Quick Fives lately, so I thought today would be a good day to get you all playing Book Fun. It’s very simple – as with all Quick Fives, just answer the questions to play along.
1. What are you reading at the moment?
2. What have you just finished reading and what’s up next on your TBR pile/bookshelf/mountain?
3. What’s the opening line of your current book?
4. What are the names of the main characters?
5. What’s the sentence on page 15, line 15? If there isn’t a line 15, use the closest line number to it. If you’re reading an ebook and there aren’t page numbers – choose the page at 15%
Bonus question: What’s on the cover?
To get the ball rolling, here are my answers to the questions:
1. Mary Burton’s The Seventh Victim – the first in her Texas Rangers series.
2. So many to choose from! I got a stack of books for my birthday, including CS Harris, Lisa Gardner and the latest JD Robb, so possibly those. Although I did bring back some fab books from RWA in San Antonio. Decisions, decisions!
3. The man crouched by the unconscious woman lying on the dewy grass by the highway and tilted her pale, still face toward the moon.
4.Texas Ranger James Beck and Lara Church, the victim who survived.
5. He lifted his hat and smoothed his palm over his damp brow before replacing it. “Sh*t. I should have just kept driving.”
Bonus: Well, you can see the cover for yourself!
Over to you – tell us about your books.
Posted in Anna Sugden, books, quick five, reading