Nope, Don’t Like That
Posted by Trish Milburn Jul 15 2012, 12:02 am
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit odd about some things. There are some things that most people like that I don’t. So I thought I’d talk about a few of these today and see if there’s anyone out there like me, and also learn what things you all don’t like that most people do.
1. Peanut Butter — You know how everyone ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they grew up? Yeah, not me. Not only can I not stand the taste of peanut butter, I think the smell is absolutely foul. I also don’t like nuts of any kind, with the exception of pine nuts used in some recipes.
2. Dishwashers — Yes, this one will be truly odd for most of the people reading this post. I much prefer to do my dishes by hand. I feel like I can get them cleaner than the dishwasher ever does. I use mine on occasion, whenever we’ve had company and there are a ton of dishes to do or once in awhile to keep it fresh and clean.
3. Steak — This one won’t be so odd since I know I’m not the only person who doesn’t eat red meat. Still, I’m usually the odd person out at cookouts. In fact, I’m writing this post on July 4th when the Milburn family has just finished our annual cookout. Everyone but me had steak. I had barbecued chicken wings.
4. Coffee — When my sister used to live in the Seattle area, the lure of all the zillions of coffee shops was lost on me. In fact, when I receive a Starbucks gift card, the only thing I use it for is hot chocolate in the winter.
5. Tea — Doesn’t matter if it’s hot or iced tea, I don’t like it. I also don’t like grits. Please don’t take away my Southerner card.
6. Convertibles — Call me chicken, but I don’t want to ride in anything that doesn’t have a nice metal roof to protect my noggin. Plus, doesn’t all that wind just blow your hair all over the place?
Am I alone in these dislikes, or is someone here in the same boat? And what are some of the things that it seems like most people around you like but you don’t?