Suzanne discovered romance novels in her aunt's hidden stash one summer as a teenager. From that moment on she knew two things: she loved romance stories and someday she'd be writing her own. Her love for romances has only grown over the years. It took her a number of years and a secondary career as a nurse to finally start writing her own stories.
A double finalist in the Romance Writer's of America's 2006 Golden Heart with her manuscripts, KIDNAPPED (Long Contemporary Category) and HUNTED (Romantic Suspense), Suzanne has also won The Beacon Unpublished and the CTRWA's contests in the erotica categories with her book, The Surrender Of Lacy Morgan, now an online e-book with Ellora's Cave.
Suzanne's sexy stories, whether they be her steamy Western Eroticas, her on the edge of your seat romantic suspense, or the heart warming small town stories, will keep you thinking about her characters long after their Happy Ever After is achieved.
Suzanne's Fun Facts
1. Not only do I work nights as a Labor and Delivery nurse, but over the course of my career, I've delivered more than 200 babies when either the doctor couldn't or wouldn't get there in time. :-)
2. I love to scrapbook, quilt, crochet and cross stitch. Every member of my family, (hubby, kids, in-laws and grandchildren) all have cross stitched stockings.
3. To keep me awake and keep my brain active I listen to music while writing. I love the sound track to The Last of the Mohicans, but mix it in with rock and roll, (AC/DC, Stones, Aerosmith, CCR, ZZTop and Lynard Skynard).
4. I do love to cook and secretly have a cookbook started in my computer!
5. History is fascinating to me. I love reading old books, biographies and historical non-fiction. How people lived under the stress of their time in history amazes me. It's because of the enduring spirit and determination of the American pioneers that I prefer to write American historical romances.
Bandit Buddies, please help me welcome back one of my favorite authors, Karilyn Bentley. In the past Karilyn has stopped by to chat with us about her dragon shifters. This time, she’s here to give us the scoop about her new Urban Fantasy, Demon Lore, A Demon Huntress novel. Suz: Karilyn, welcome back to the Bandit Lair. Pull up a barstool and we’ll have Sven mix up your favorite drink. Karilyn: Yummy! I love visiting the lair. The company is great and who doesn’t love the sexy Sven? <waves at Sven> I’ll get the party started by ordering a margarita. Read More…
My name is Suzanne Ferrell and I’m a history geek. Yes, yes, I am. But not just all history. While I find world history and history of other countries fascinating, I’m a real geek for American history. The good, the bad, the questionable. Yep, love it all. So imagine how happy I was this week when I discovered the History Channel was going to do a 3-day historical movie event about the Sons Of Liberty!! Be still my heart. I’m taping it, but have been watching it with great joy! Not to mention the actors are very easy to watch. Read More…
Amid the chaos that happens in a house with five kids under the age of seven, twin babies and a puppy just over a year old on Christmas Day, I found time to enjoy and observe the family (sometimes known as the thundering horde that invades my peaceful domain–said with great love and affection). So I thought I’d share some of that evening with you. The meal was lovely and we noted more eating was taking place at the adult table and lots of giggling was happening over at the kids’ table. This could be that the kids were having Read More…